In Service Team Managers Course January 2019
- The above course will be held on Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd January 2019.
- Named September & October Managers that have not attended an "In-Service Team Managers Course must attend the above course in order to stay in rule.
- Club Secretaries have been sent the application form but it can also be downloaded from the web site.
February Lines-Person Workshop Monday 11th February 2019
With the lack of Referees this season, we have seen a significant increase in volunteers (parents) refereeing our games. Although we are grateful that parents are stepping up to take on this very difficult role it has brought its own problems in that we are also seeing an increase in Referee low marks and reports.
To try and alleviate some of the problems that have arisen due to an inexperienced volunteer trying to do their best we are offering a “Lines Person Workshop” on Monday 11th February 2019. We believe it is vital that every 9 & 11 A side team has a volunteer that has attended this course as it will benefit all concerned.
We originally offered the Lines-person Course for volunteers that were kind enough to offer their services as line assistant but with more parents than ever before now having to take on the role of assistants and match official it has become vital that these volunteers attend this workshop, so they are given an insight into the Laws of Game. This will allow for consistency in match decision making.
The workshop is one evening (3 hours) the applicant will be given a greater insight into the Laws of Game plus an official SelKent League Badge that confirms their commitment to their team.
The lack of Official Referees is affecting every League across the Country and until this situation improves, we need and respect these vital volunteers, but for the good of the game we need them to be the best they can be. This workshop will give them confidence in their decision making, what powers a Referee has and how and when to use these powers.
On any given Sunday we have over 250 games being played, this does not include our mini-soccer games. Since September we have between 40 to 50 Official Referees requesting games on any given Sunday, this should tell you how important our volunteers are and how serious our Referee problem is.
Until the FA acknowledges that Youth Grassroots Football has reached crisis point re the lack of qualified Referees this situation will not improve.
We recognise and respect that our volunteers do not want to be a Referee, and nor do they have the time to commit to an official Referee Course the above workshop offers them some knowledge and our support all we are asking is if they will give up one evening to attend this workshop. If you are willing to help your team by offering to attend this workshop please talk to your team Manager who will ask your Club Secretary to complete your application form The application form can also be downloaded via the web site.
Can we ask Clubs to please try and send at least one volunteer per your 9 & 11 A Side teams to this very important workshop.
LONDON FA REFEREE COURSES
We are hosting some referees courses that we feel will be of interest for your clubs and league associates.
Venue: Aspire Southfields Academy
1. Date(s) and Time(s): Monday 18th, Tuesday 19th & Wednesday 20th February 2019 from 9am to 5pm https://eventspace.thefa.com/londonfa/participant/arrangement.aspx?id=261215
2. Date(s) and Time(s): Tuesday 28th, Wednesday 29th & Thursday 30th May 2019 from 9am to 5pm https://eventspace.thefa.com/londonfa/participant/arrangement.aspx?id=261218
3. Date(s) and Time(s): Sunday 3rd, Sunday 10th & Sunday 17th November 2019 from 9am to 5pm https://eventspace.thefa.com/londonfa/participant/arrangement.aspx?id=261219
LONDON FA EGM Wednesday 16th January 2019
London FA has rescheduled the EGM from December 2018 to Wednesday 16th January 2019, at London South Bank University, Keyworth Events Theatre, Keyworth Building, Keyworth Street, London SE1 (very close the previous venue – next to Elephant and Castle underground station.
Returning Shields and Cups (Season 2017-2018)
Please be reminded that season 17-18 League Cups and Shields must be brought to the February 2019, League meeting.
Clubs failing to return last season Cups & Shields at the February 2019 league meeting being held on Wednesday 06th February will be fined under Rule 13A (i)
We are happy for you to return your Cups and shields early by bringing them to the January 2019 league meeting.
Our League Cups require specialised engraving which can be difficult to find, and so we are happy to accept cups without engraving and will arrange for Cups to be engraved at cost price. The league, will issue a receipt for the returned Cups and shields, this will avoid any confusion and will give you proof of return.
Please note you can only return your Cup or shield at a league meeting as a receipt must be issued and receipts will only be available at a league meeting.
Subject to any limits/provisions laid down by the sanctioning Association, Match Officials appointed by the League Referee Secretary under this Rule shall be paid a match fee as follows: -
- Mini-Soccer Referee (20/30 minutes’ duration) - £10.00 per match. (50 minutes’ duration) - £20.00 per match
- Transitional Football (9v9) Referee - £25.00 per match. Transitional Football (9v9) Assistant Referee - £23.00 per match.
- Youth Football Referee (under 13 to 14) - £30.00 per match. Youth Football Assistant Referee (under 13 to 14) - £25.00 per match.
- Youth Football Referee (under 15 to 17) - £35.00 per match. Youth Football Assistant Referee (under 15 to 17) - £28.00 per match.
- Youth Football (U18 & Transitional U21’s) Referee - £40.00 per
match Assistant Referee (U18 & Transitional U21’s Assistant Referee -
£30.00 per match