1. Player registrations will commence on 1st August each season.
2. Registration Cards shall be obtained from either Registration Secretary or the Registration Transfer Officer. An administration cost of £1.50 will be charged to clubs in respect of each card and invoiced through monthly accounts. Registration cards remain the sole property of the League at all times.
3. Player registration cards are available at the league meetings or by request from either the League Registration Secretaries or the League Transfer Admin Officer. If you require them to be posted, you MUST send a sufficiently stamped addressed envelope for their return.
4. Cards should be filled in with black or blue ink, preferably ballpoint pen. Correcting fluid or Red ink must not be used and will invalidate the Registration Card. If the player has not been previously registered with this League, proof of date of birth (a) valid passport, (b) birth certificate or such alternative proof of date of birth) must accompany the Registration Card in the form of a photocopy, which will be retained by the League. Original documents will not be accepted, and the Registration Administrator will not proceed with the registration until a copy is provided. If the player has previously been registered by your club, the previous season’s registration card may be submitted as proof of date of birth.
5. Registration Documents should only be sent to the appropriate Registration Administrator who is the person responsible for your player’s division. (Details of the DRO’s is to be uploaded to the web site in due course and will also be issued at the July AGM) Check that all sections of the Registration Card are completed correctly as follows: -
a.Two recent identical passport sized photographs, printed on photographic paper, correctly affixed to the registration card showing head and shoulders which is a true current likeness of the player.
b.The likeness must not be obscured by the wearing of any sunglasses, scarves, hats or other.
c. A fully and correctly completed League Registration Card signed by the player (Capital letters or initials only will not be accepted as a player signature) and witnessed by a parent or guardian (not required for players 18 and above) and countersigned by the Club Secretary/Club Registration Officer.
d. Players in the age groups U8’s and U7’s are permitted to sign first names only.
6. Club Secretary/Club Registration Officer must witness the player’s original birth certificate or other Official document presented to the Club as proof of the players date of birth, before adding their signature authorising the player’s registration card.
7. You are required to ensure that you have the Registration Card authorised by the League Registration Administrator and returned to you before the player is eligible to play. A player without a league authorised registration card available for the opposition to view, is not permitted to take to the field of play in any Selkent league official cast fixture and will be deemed ineligible. Players must be registered fully and correctly 5 days before taking part in a match.
8. It is the sole responsibility of a Club that when sending completed Player Registration cards and supporting documents to the relevant Divisional Registration Officer, CLUBS MUST ensure they have affixed sufficient postage for the weight of the item that they are posting. Clubs MUST include a stamped addressed envelope (to whom the cards are being returned) that has been secured with sufficient postage for the return of the Player Registration cards. Failure to provide sufficient postage when sending or returning our player registration cards may result in a fine of up to £10.00.
9. If choosing to send your player registrations cards to the DRO, using registered or recorded delivery, please ensure you have made prior arrangements with the relevant DRO as they need to confirm when it is convenient to receive post that requires a signature. DRO’s are not always available to sign to receive the goods and this may therefore delay the Player Registration cards being returned. Should you need to visit a Divisional Registration Officer, you must make an appointment to do so before calling.
10. All Club Teams must have registered by the 8th September a minimum of: -
5 v 5 5 players
7 v 7 7 players
9 v 9 9 players
11 v 11 11 players
Failure to do so may result in a fine.
11. Player registration and Transfer closes on the last day of February.