REGISTRATION PROCEDURE SEASON 2020-2021
1. Player registrations will commence on 1st August each season.
2. Registration Cards shall be obtained from either Registration Secretary or the Registration Transfer Officer. An administration cost of £1.50 will be charged to clubs in respect of each card and invoiced through monthly accounts. Registration cards remain the sole property of the League at all times.
3. Player registration cards are available at the league meetings or by request from either the League Registration Secretary & the League Transfer Admin Officer. If you require them to be posted, you MUST send a sufficiently stamped addressed envelope for their return.
4. Cards should be filled in with black or blue ink, preferably ballpoint pen. Correcting fluid or Red ink must not be used and will invalidate the Registration Card.
· Players not registered with your club the previous season, must submit a photocopy of either (a) valid passport, (b) birth certificate or such alternative proof of date of birth which shall be deemed as acceptable at the discretion of Management Committee.
· Clubs submitting Player Registrations for players registered with their club last season, may submit last season's registration card as proof of date of birth. If the player's card is not available, please provide a photocopy of either (a) valid passport, (b) birth certificate or such alternative proof of date of birth which shall be deemed as acceptable at the discretion of Management Committee.
5. Registration Documents should only be sent to the appropriate Registration Administrator who is the person responsible for your player’s division. Details of the Registration Administrators are to be found on page 5 of the handbook and also on the League Web Site. It is important to check that all sections of the Registration Card are complete and completed correctly as follows: -
a. Two recent identical passport sized photographs, printed on photographic paper, correctly affixed to the registration card showing head and shoulders which is a true current likeness of the player.
b. The likeness must not be obscured by the wearing of any sunglasses, scarves, hats or other.
c. A fully and correctly completed League Registration Card signed by the player (Capital letters or initials only will not be accepted as a player signature) and witnessed by a parent or guardian (not required for players 18 and above) and countersigned by the Club Secretary/Club Registration Officer.
d. Players in the age groups U8’s and U7’s are permitted to sign first names only.
6. Club Secretary/Club Registration Officer must witness the player’s original birth certificate or other Official document presented to the Club as proof of the players date of birth, before adding their signature authorising the player’s registration card.
7. You are required to ensure that you have the Registration Card authorised by the League Registration Administrator and returned to you before the player is eligible to play. A player without a league authorised registration card available for the opposition to view, is not permitted to take to the field of play in any Selkent league official cast fixture and will be deemed ineligible. Players must be registered fully and correctly 5 days before taking part in a match.
8. It is the sole responsibility of a Club that when sending completed Player Registration cards and supporting documents to the relevant Divisional Registration Officer, CLUBS MUST ensure they have affixed sufficient postage for the weight of the item that they are posting. Clubs MUST include a stamped addressed envelope (to whom the cards are being returned) that has been secured with sufficient postage for the return of the Player Registration cards. Failure to provide sufficient postage when sending or returning our player registration cards may result in a fine of up to £10.00.
9. If choosing to send your player registrations cards to the RA, using registered or recorded delivery, please ensure you have made prior arrangements with the relevant RA as they need to confirm when it is convenient to receive post that requires a signature RA are not always available to sign to receive the goods and this may therefore delay the Player Registration cards being returned. Should you need to visit a RA you must make an appointment to do so before calling.
10. All Teams must have the following number of players registered fourteen days before the start of each playing season: -
5 v 5 -- 5 players
7 v 7 -- 7 players
9 v 9 -- 9 players
11 v 11 -- 11 players
Failure to do so may result in a fine.
11. Player Registration and Transfers closes on the last day of February.
CONTACTING REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATORS
· NO TELEPHONE CALLS TO ANY REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATOR AFTER 8.00.PM
· ANY CLUB REPRESENTATIVE WISHING TO MAKE A PERSONAL VISIT TO THE HOME OF A REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATOR MUST DO SO BY MAKING A PRIOR APPOINTMENT BY TELEPHONE. PLEASE DO NOT VISIT HOMES OF REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATOR WITHOUT MAKING PRIOR ARRANGEMENTS.
· UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE PARENTS OR PLAYERS PERMITTED TO CONTACT A REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATOR.
CLUBS ARE ASKED TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS AT ALL TIMES